Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word document file format (.doc or .docx).
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The instructions in Ensuring a Blind Review have been followed.
In addition to the general submission requirements,
- use footnotes, not endnotes, and follow The Chicago Manual of Style.
- keep submissions between 2,500-6,000 words.
I/We grant to Boston College the right to include and publish the above-described submission in the online journal Lumen et Vita. I/We will retain copyright ownership but hereby grant to Boston College the non-exclusive, world-wide, royalty-free right to use, copy, distribute, and display my submission in any format or medium for any educational, non-commercial purposes, including as part of the online journal. Boston College will apply the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License to all works published in Lumen et Vita.
These rights include, without limitation, the right to maintain one or more copies of the submission in multiple formats for security, back-up, and preservation purposes, and to allow a third party to hold one or more copies solely for such purposes.
I/We represent and warrant that the submission is my/our original work, that I/We have the right to grant the permission in this agreement, and that, to the best of my/our knowledge, the submission will not infringe upon anyone’s intellectual property rights. I/We have obtained all necessary permissions to include in my/our submission any materials created or owned by third parties and any such third party material is clearly identified and acknowledged within the content of the submission.
If the submission is based upon work that has been sponsored or supported by an organization or agency other than Boston College, I/We certify that I/We have fulfilled any right of review or other obligations required by any contract or agreement with such agency or organization.
Boston College will clearly identify my/our name(s) as the author(s) or owner(s) of the submission.
Nothing in this agreement shall be deemed to obligate Boston College to publish the submission.