Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, or RTF file format. Please embed fonts when special characters are used.
- APA style is the bibliographic standard used for all references. Where available, Digital Object Identifiers (DOI) for the references have been provided. A URL may be provided if a DOI is not available.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Journal.
- If submitting to a peer-reviewed section of the journal, the instructions in Ensuring a Blind Review have been followed.
- I am a Boston College undergraduate or graduate student.
Special FeaturesThis section will include special features and short columns such as etymologies or commentary on a linguistic feature.
Copyright NoticeAuthors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
The full text of the author agreement is below:
I/We grant to Boston College the right to include and publish the above-described submission in the online journal Lingua Frankly. I/We will retain copyright ownership but hereby grant to Boston College the non-exclusive, world-wide, royalty-free right to use, copy, distribute, and display my submission in any format or medium for any educational, non-commercial purposes, including as part of the online journal. Boston College will apply the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 Unported License to all works published in Lingua Frankly. (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/4.0/)
These rights include, without limitation, the right to maintain one or more copies of the submission in multiple formats for security, back-up, and preservation purposes, and to allow a third party to hold one or
more copies solely for such purposes.
I/We represent and warrant that the submission is my/our original work, that I/We have the right to grant the permission in this agreement, and that, to the best of my/our knowledge, the submission will not infringe upon anyone’s intellectual property rights. I/We have obtained all necessary permissions to include in my/our submission any materials created or owned by third parties and any such third party
material is clearly identified and acknowledged within the content of the submission.
If the submission is based upon work that has been sponsored or supported by an organization or agency other than Boston College, I/We certify that I/We have fulfilled any right of review or other obligations required by any contract or agreement with such agency or organization.
Boston College will clearly identify my/our name(s) as the author(s) or owner(s) of the submission.
Nothing in this agreement shall be deemed to obligate Boston College to publish the submission.
We will not use your name and/or email or make them available to any other party, for any other purpose, other than for the stated purposes of this journal.